Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My New Passion

Hubby and I just bought a new house here on the Texas coast. It is just minutes away from our front door to the beach. It has four bedrooms, five and half baths, livingroom/diningroom/kitchen open floor plan. It is going to be a summer rental for others to enjoy, but I have had lots of fun getting it ready. We plan to use it in the off season. Can't wait for friends and family to come visit and enjoy! I have posted some pictures and will post some more as I get things ready.

This picture is of the bar that looks into the kitchen. I have put my years of collecting STUFF up above the cupboards. I have taken some great pictures and will post them later.



Being that I work in a furniture store, I was able to play with all the fabrics and select just what I wanted. I chose a dark blue sofa with these cute kiwi green pillows with sailboats.



I loved that kiwi green fabric so much I just had to have a chair out of it!



This is a picture of our old table we had in FBG. I found these chairs at Pier 1 and knew they were perfect for the table/house.

1 comment:

valerie said...

have you seen pottery barn's new coastal style collection? i'm not particularly crazy about it, but i thought maybe some of the ideas might inspire you...

i really love the toucan print... see, told you my metal toucan would look awesome in a beach house. i miss my telo prints.

i think the house looks great. i see that morgan is making herself at home...

my favorites are your catrinas above the cabinets and your vintage flamingos. i hope to see more photos soon! you've been working hard!