Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Saturday Thrifting

Saturday, down here on the Texas Coast, was a beautiful and sunny day for January so my sister-in-law and I and her unwilling son decided to explore some local shops. I found so many cool things but living on a boat limits what I can buy soooooo my big find for the day was this Martha Stewart cook book from the eighties for only $2.00!!! WaaaaHoooo...I love those kind of under $5.00 finds when in fact I would have paid...hmmmmm at least $3.00 for this book. Just look how young Martha looks on the front of this book. I admit I am a closet Martha Stewart fan soooo don't tell anyone!

What I liked about this book were the pictures like the green depression glass and how she sets a table with old dishes like Fiesta Ware!



1 comment:

valerie said...

as much as i like martha stewart, she's annoying too. although, i think everyone has an annoying side. maybe i'm really just jealous! i love all the ideas in her magazines, but these days i feel like there are more advertisements than inspiration. what did you buy me?