Friday, January 25, 2008

Grapefruit Tea



I got this wonderful recipe from my new best friend Martha Stewart...we are really tight and hang out every morning for about thirty minutes before I have to take that long walk down the dock to the parking lot and drive about 1/4 of a mile to work. Anyway this tea was really yummy and a a great alternative to hot chocolate on a cold rainy day.

You need

2 cups of fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
1/4 cup water
2 tbs of honey
tsp of allspice
cinnamon stick

bring to boil... remove cinnamon stick, strain through strainer and enjoy. Makes enough for two people are one piggy person.

I did not have allspice or cinnamon sticks so I used a tsp of pumpkin pie spice...worked great! For those of you who don't eat honey (you know who you are) two tsp of sugar works also.

Sorry kitties all gone!!



2 comments:

valerie said...

yummy. grapefruit tea sounds delicious. thanks for sharing the recipe.

you should really start sharing with morgan and pointy kitty. that's rude.

-PP said...

That looks a lot like my cat Jasper!